*This article has been revised from its original posting on Mar 13, 2020 at 18:34 to reflect the most current policies in place.
A message to our valued customers, employees, and vendors,
As we are all carefully watching the COVID-19(Coronavirus) situation, Morgan is proactively taking steps to reach out to our client base to ensure the safety of your teams and the continuity of your operations. We appreciate the trust you place in Morgan and our solutions to help empower secure and reliable working conditions for your business to continue to serve your clients.
In the current environment, it is important for all of us to work smarter, safer, more flexibly, work to remain calm and to collaborate on the steps to ensure the safety and productivity of our employees, customers, partners, and communities. I want to personally update you on actions that Morgan is taking.
While Morgan does not have any known cases of COVID-19, the spread of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus-19) to more than 100 locations internationally, including the United States (as of March 11, 2020), has caused us to take additional action to protect our teams, families, communities and customers by instituting additional efforts to control the potential health risk exposure.
Out of precaution and in the spirit of “eliminating or controlling risk exposures”, we will be taking the following actions to reduce unnecessary potential exposures to the virus. These items will be enforced through at least April 30, 2020, or until updated with further amendments, as we will be monitoring the situation.
- Deliveries to the Receiving Department: All drivers need to stay next to their vehicle until a Morgan employee gets in contact with them.
- Vendors: No social visits will be permitted during the temporary policy period. If you have a business critical need to come to our properties, you will need to submit a request 2 business days prior for approval. No outside food will be allowed in during this time period.
- Facilities: The offices, break rooms, and bathrooms have been thoroughly cleaned with a CDC approved Electro-static spraying system that hospitals use to kill viruses, bacteria, and fungi and put a protective barrier on the surfaces in most cases up to 90 days.
- Employee Travel: We have instituted no travel policy during this period for social visits. All travel will be by vehicle only. We have the ability to service you through online video conferencing and our cloud-based project management portal VPO.
- While our building is open, some of our employees are working remotely to accommodate childcare, family and health needs. This allows us to practice social distancing. Regardless of individual location, we remain accessible via email, phone and video conferencing.
In this effort of collaboration, we look forward to adhering to your policies and guidelines as you communicate them to your supply chain.
We feel strong in being able to reassure you on our availability and ability, to support you in the activities, to be operational and to respect every commitment with your company. We understand that these are unusual circumstances and everyone is impacted in unique ways.
We value each and every one of our clients and want to keep everyone as healthy as possible as this virus runs its course. Please let me know if you have any questions at all about the above temporary policy. Thank you,
Mark L. Fedor, P.E.